About our Health System
Our Affiliation with WellStar West Georgia Medical Center
Through our affiliation with WellStar West Georgia Medical Center, we’re able to offer our patients a higher level of care and provide our physicians with easy access to advanced technology and resources. For almost 80 years, West Georgia Medical Center has been dedicated to taking care of the health needs of the community, delivering a wide range of services to meet even the most demanding medical issues.
Accredited by the nationally recognized Joint Commission, West Georgia Medical Center provides award-winning services to our region. Some of our most recent notable honors include the following:
• Truven Health Analytics™ named WGMC to its "100 Top Hospitals®" list in both 2016 and 2017 out of about 2,700 hospitals nationwide.
• Becker’s Hospital Review, one of the nation’s most prestigious healthcare publications, named WellStar West Georgia Medical Center to its 2016 national list of “100 Great Community Hospitals.” WGMC was one of only three community hospitals in Georgia to receive the honor.
• WellStar West Georgia Medical Center ranked in 2013, 2015 and 2016 as the No. 1 large hospital in Georgia by Georgia Trend Magazine, based on publicly available data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
• The American Hospital Association's Health Forum named WGMC to the list of the 2016 Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems' "Most Wired's Most Improved" list for the advances it has made in leveraging technology that assists clinicians in providing the best possible patient care. The designation is a result of strides made in electronic connectivity and documentation, including the use of electronic health records, e-prescribing, electronic order sets and discharge routines.
Always with the patients’ well-being in mind, West Georgia Medical Center has set the highest standards for clinical excellence, technological advancements and compassionate service.
Benefits to team members in the West Georgia practices of the WellStar Medical Group:
- Advanced healthcare technology and equipment to improve patient care and make our physicians’ jobs easier.
- Staffing resources, including a well-established relationship with LaGrange College’s nursing program and opportunities to hire nursing graduates.
- Culture of excellence and recognition, with accreditations and top rankings in numerous clinical categories.
- Focus on providing compassionate treatment and improving the health of the community.